Take this quick test and check your ability to hear properly.
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they use to? Yes/No
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation? Yes/No
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to
ask people to repeat themselves? Yes/No
- When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for
you to follow the conversation? – Yes/No
- When you are together with other people, does background noise
bother you? – Yes/No
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio? – Yes/No
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring? – Yes/No
- Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult? – Yes/No
- Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where an object is (e.g. an alarm
clock or a telephone) from the noise it makes? – Yes/No
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem
with your hearing? – Yes/No
How Did You Do?
Your answers to these question only provide an early indication of whether your hearing is impaired or not. If you answered “yes” to just 1 or 2 of these question you may not need our assistance just yet.
If you answered “yes” to 3 of these questions, you may be experiencing some hearing loss.
If you answered “yes” to 4 or more of these questions, we urge you to contact our office at 970-385-7272 for an appointment to determine the cause of your hearing impairment.